Painted terracotta coasters DIY!

12:27 μ.μ.

I was at a big store the other day searching for some baby stuff. Passing by the garden section (I usually don't stop there, gardening is not one of my favourite things!) I noticed some cute small terracotta pot saucers. I thought to myself that these would make fabulous coasters so I grabbed some. It was the perfect opportunity to use a painting technic that I've always wanted to try! It was also a great mother-daughter project time!

Ήμουν σε γνωστό πολυκατάστημα την προηγούμενη εβδομάδα και έψαχνα ένα ποτηράκι για το μωρο. Περνόντας μπροστά από τα είδη κήπου πήρε το μάτι μου κάποια μικρά πιατάκια γλάστρας τερρακότα και σκέφτηκα πως θα μπορούσα να φτιάξω πολυ όμορφα σουβερ με αυτά! Έτσι πήρα μερικά! Άλλωστε ήταν και η τέλεια ευκαιρεία να δοκιμάσω μια τεχνική βαψίματος που ήθελα να δοκιμάσω εδω και καιρό. Και το καλύτερο? Με βοήθησε και η κόρη μου!


I've used some acrylic paintings to do this. Ideally you'll need some wooden sticks but I didn't have any so I used plastic spoons. 

Χρησιμοποίησα ακρυλικά για να τα βάψω. Ιδανικά θα έπρεπε να χρησιμοποιήσω από αυτα τα πλακε ξυλάκια (θα δείτε γιατι) αλλα μιας και δεν είχα βολεύτηκα με πλαστικά κουταλάκια.

I chose my colors and then added some dots of paint here and there.

Αφού διάλεξα το συνδυασμό των χρωμάτων, έβαλα μερικές σταγόνες χρώματος εδω και εκεί.


With a different spoon for every color what I basically did was to gently spread the color and play around. Don't use a brush! You want to create that messy texture! You can also use your fingers. As you can imagine the bolder color (blue here) overpowered the others so I kept adding white and gold until I was happy with it.

Με διαφορετικό κουτάλι για το κάθε χρώμα απαλά άπλωσα το καθε χρώμα. Δεν χρησιμοποίησα πινέλο δεν ήθελα αυτή την υφή. Επίσης θα μπορούσατε να χρησιμοποιήσετε και τα δάχτυλά σας. Όπως φαντάζεστε το πιο έντονο χρώμα (το μπλε εδώ) κάλυπτε τα υπόλοιπα γιαυτο και έβαζα και άλλες σταγόνες από πάνω μέχρι που ήμουν ικανοποιημένη από το αποτέλεσμα.

Each coaster is unique and very artistic! Don't forget once the paint is completely dry to use some short of coating to seal them.

Το κάθε σουβερ φυσικά είναι μοναδικό και πολύ καλλιτεχνικό. Αν θέλετε μόλις στεγνώσει τελείως το χρώμα περάστε και καποιο βερνίκι για να τα προστατεύει.


And I absolutely love them! They make me happy!!! 

Το αποτέλεσμα με ενθουσίασε! Και μόνο που κοιτάω τα καινούρια μου σουβεράκια χαμογελάω!


What do you think? Would you give them a try? 



Πως σας φαίνονται? Τι λέτε θα το δοκιμάσετε?

I'm linking this to these fabulous parties :
Pintastic pinteresting party 
think-and-make-thursdays 
create-it-thursday 
Pretty pintastic party 
snickerdoodle sunday link party 
share it 
bloggers-brags-pinterest-party 
two uses tuesday  
creative-spark-link-party 
weekend retreat link party 
sweet inspiration link party 

You Might Also Like

14 σχόλια

  1. Είναι πολύ ιδιαίτερα, θα δοκιμάσω σίγουρα αυτή την τεχνική!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. σ' ευχαριστω Δέσποινα! να τη δοκιμασεις, είναι εύκολη και μπορεί να προσαρμοστει όπως θες!

      Διαγραφή
  2. How fun and what a great idea to use those for coasters. Thanks for sharing on Snickerdoodle Sunday!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Πανέμορφα έγιναν Ντίνα μου! Πολύ μου άρεσε η όλη ιδέα σου! Από τα πιο πρωτότυπα σουβέρ που έχω δει! Χίλια μπράβο!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. hi happy girl, these are cute and so sunny!!! Make me feel on vacatin by just looking at them. Thank you for sharing and linking it up at SHARE IT sunday linky party. A new party will open again tomorrow and I can't wait to see what you'll bring. ~ Till soon, Rose

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. What a fun way to add some color. I pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest board.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Πολύ όμορφα σουβέρ, πολύ καλοκαιρινά και πολύ πρωτότυπα Ντίνα μου!! Μπράβο και στην κορούλα που βοηθάει!! Πολλά φιλάκια και στις δυό σας!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Εγιναν τα αγαπημένα μου και μενα! Σ' ευχαριστω πολυ! φιλια!

      Διαγραφή
  7. Very pretty and each one is unique. I thought they were the clay bowls that the yogurt comes in. Ntina, I would love for you to join us at our link party Sweet Inspiration, it runs Friday till Tuesday.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

featured on

Totally Tutorials Blog

featured on

Refashion Nation

featured on

featured on